Go to our Sold page to the see the many Deltacraft we have sold from this page.
Lodged for Sale - January 2019
I know this is a Deltacraft site, but this boat must be a cousin to the Deltacraft as Steve Leonard did purchase Savage moulds (Forum Page 9 ) from Melbourne as told in this Forum Page 18 and Savage appears for the third time on the Deltacraft Angler page.
It is a very nice boat and you may just know someone who enjoys puttering and sailing and wants a boat, so please guide them to this page.
- 18’6” - 5.6 metre - Diesel Motor Sailer
- Savage Dolphin - Name, Horn Blower
- Beam - 2metres. Draught - 450mm
- Built 1979.
- I enjoyed fully restoring my Dolphin over a period of 4 years. Then also launching it and motoring down the river, over the bar and out for a days ocean fishing. When it was time for home I hoisted the sail, connected the auto-pilot and enjoyed the quiet sail home (no engine noise). I have decided that I prefer sailing to motor sailing and am selling the Savage to purchase a pure yacht.
- Solid low maintenance fibreglass construction.
- Self draining cockpit.
- Internal chambers that can be sealed or left open to let the hull breathe.
- Nanni Diesel motor - still under warranty - has run about 100 to 150 hours.
- 0.5 - 1.0 Litre per hour fuel consumption.
- Custom made gun metal 3 blade propeller.
- Boom tent.
- Swin ladder.
- Can be used solely as a Gentleman’s Putter or sail with the Gaff Rig and easily removable stubby mast.
- Un-registered slipping trailer included.
- Will deliver.
Price - $25,000.
Location - Sussex Inlet, NSW
Phone - Steven – 0411 485 519
Email - Steven at email@example.com
Deltacraft Islander Mark 1
Lodged - January 2019
Early 1980s Deltacraft Islander Mk 1 open half cabin. Has been in my ownership since 2009. Believed to be from Joel’s boat shed at Balmoral ( T.Joel and phone number painted on rudder box).
- Current insured value approx. $5,000.
- Registered with RMS HIN.
- Fitted with Yanmar QM15 in good condition ( no smoke) Engine is fitted with raw water filter and CAV fuel filter
- Simple and flexible cockpit layout allows various configurations, with storable cushions.
- Fitted with small Bimini which provides cover for steering and passenger positions. ( can be removed if not required). Steering position has canvas cover for weather protection and boat is fitted with sunshade cover for sun protection.
- Navigation lights are fitted.
- Automatic bilge pump.
- Lockable cabin with sink ( water bladder available for fitting) and ice tub. Unused portable toilet.
- A well sorted and usable day boat with overnight capability.
- Currently moored Middle Harbour, NSW.
- RMS waiting lists in area suggest take-over of current mooring is possible, or obtain a spot in other Middle harbour zones. For active owner, membership of Manly Cove launch club might be possible ( I am currently a member and have done my own slipping and maintenance at significant savings).
- Can be delivered to Roseville Bridge ramp if it is to be trailered to another location.
- Antifouling is due and hull has been cleaned in the water to keep it navigable. I will pay for hull clean if required to allow it to move off mooring.
- Recent work includes new prop and stern tube.
- New silencer and exhaust pipe.
- New battery.
- Solar panel.
- Hull has been painted and touched up in my ownership.
- Spares included are: New water hoses, Fuel Filters, Spare bilge pump, Hull paint ( blue and white), Sump and gear box fluid, Diesel plastic jerry can ( 10 litre waste oil container if needed), Sump oil pump out kit, 4 litres anti-foul (black international Ultra), Misc.small fittings
- Stable 2 person Dinghy (twin keel) plus oars.
- Workshop manual plus other technical data collected over the years in hard and digital format.
- 6 adult lifejackets plus 2 children life jackets.
- My Medical condition precludes active use and maintenance, so am offering it to Delta fraternity at very attractive price before going onto the general market . Intended general market price will be around $3000, plus any additional costs to meet the market to suit potential buyers ( eg slip and anti-foul detailing, etc.)., which would put it in the $4500 - $5000 range.
I will consider serious offers in the $2500 - $3000 range based on the whole or part of what is offered for sale. Initial enquiries should be made at 0409 913 294 ( SMS preferred). More details and photos can be supplied on request. I am seeking quick sale , before incurring registration and insurance costs.
- Enquiries should be made at 0409 913 294 ( SMS preferred). More details and photos can be supplied on request. I am seeking quick sale, before incurring registration and insurance costs.
- Email Alan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deltacraft Islander Mark 1
Lodged for Sale - June 2018
This is a very regretful sale, we are Delta converts and have experienced countless kilometres and amazing memories on the Murray and on the sea, around South Australian waters.
We would recommend a Deltacraft in a heartbeat!
Unfortunately we are now getting on in years and of late just can’t get out on the water as much as we have done and would like to.
- Recently surveyed for insurance renewal purpose. Everything in top condition. Lovely new Outboard 4 Stroke Engine (no smelly old expensive Diesel parts).
- New Outboard 25 HP 4 Stroke Yamaha – especially made for this type of boat. Cruise at 7 knots at half throttle, 4 litres per hour. Less than 30 hours from new. Reinforced Stern, professionally fitted. Motor also professionally fitted.
- Tandem Trailer, 5 near new tyres, new Jockey Wheel and cable brakes.
- Brand new Starting Battery and Brand new 100 amp Leisure Battery (charged by 65 Watt Solar Panel.
- Lowrance (Plotter Chart) Fish Finder/Depth Sounder.
- Fixed Compass
- Electric Windlass all Chain Anchor.
- Double Berth.
- Marine Toilet.
- WAICO 12 and 240 Volt Fridge Freezer 50 Litre.
- Portable Gas Stove.
- Radio and CD Player.
- 1 27 Meg Radio, 1 VHF Radio.
- 3 Bilge Pumps (1 x manual, 2 x electric).
- PDF 1 Life Jackets and some safety equipment.
- Stainless steel Swimming Ladder.
Price - $18,000.
Location - Munno Para, South Australia.
Contact - Fred Rogers – 0408 082 140.
Deltacraft Islander Mark 1
Lodged - April 2018
Engine 2GM20 completely rebuilt, spent $5,000 on it.
3 way fridge, 12 volt, 240 volt, gas.
Gas hot water service, overhead shower.
300 litre under floor water tank.
50 litre water tank.
70 litre fuel tank, new marine alloy.
27 meg,& vhf radios, stereo system.
Side curtains and clears.
Road registered trailer with electric winch.
Located at Mallacoota, Vic.
Price - $20,000.00, negotiable.
Phone David 0427 580 407 or email
Lodged July 2012
I have a rudder, prop shaft and propeller for sale. They are out of my 1978 Deltacraft Islander Mark 1.
I have repowered with a Yamaha 4 stroke and I thought someone may be in need of these items. My phone number is 04 0883 7736 and I'm in Hervey Bay, QLD.
Deltacraft Islander Mark 1 - - Lodged 1st November 2011
These photos were taken the last time she was on the hardstand for antifouling. (about 18 months ago)
She is in a sad condition as I never really had the time to start the refurbishing that she deserves.
The last time the Yanmar 2 cylinder diesel ran, the water pump had frozen (without me knowing) and although it started OK there was a lot of black smoke as the rubber belt heated up. I have a spare motor (in bits) which will go with the boat.
Some of the stainless steel holding the hard-top up had cracked so I took it off and it is resting on the gunwhales at the moment.
It is currently moored at Meadowbank, NSW.
Price - $5,500.00 - Contact phone 04 1827 3777.