The Structure of Australia
- Australia is the largest island in the world.
- It is in the southern hemisphere of earth.
- The northern most point of the continent is 1,100km (684 miles) south of the equator.
- The southern most point in Tasmania is over 40 degrees south of the equator.
- Thus it has a large range of climates in any one day. From over 40 degrees Celsius to zero.
- European settlers arrived just over 200 years ago.
- English is the official language.
- Our customs are based on England, USA and Europe.
- Australia is a modern country, not a developing, third world country.
A Hot Christmas Day
Imagine a holiday Sunday in June, close to the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere,
In your town.
What would you wear.
What would you eat.
What would you do.
Where would you go.
That is what we do in Australia on Christmas Day.
Visit the Traditions page