We previously stated that there were no new proverbs being created, but here are some that appear to be modern.
- Absence makes the fond heart wander.
- Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
- Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
- Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
- If it's not broken, don't fix it.
- If it's not broke, mess with it till it is.
- It is lonesome in the saddle since the horse died.
- The lights on, but nobodies home.
Modern adaptions of old proverbs
Several supporters has forwarded this list which are puns on old proverbs. You will recognise the original proverbs with their modern technology terms. They do not qualify as true proverbs but are included here for a laugh.
- A burden in the bush is worth two in the hand.
- A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.
- C:\ is the root of all directories.
- Don't byte off more than you can view.
- Don`t format the drive before you backup the files.
- Fax is stranger than fiction.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
- Great groups from little icons grow.
- Home is where you hang your @.
- Modulation in all things.
- Oh, what a tangled web site we weave when first we practice.
- Pentium wise, pen and paper foolish.
- Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.
- The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
- The geek shall inherit the earth.
- The modem is the message.
- There's many a slip 'twixt the dock and the ship.
- Too many clicks spoil the browse.
- Virtual reality is its own reward.
- What boots up must come down.
- Windows will never cease.
- You can't teach a new mouse old clicks.
- If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- Winners never quit, quitters never win.
- You snooze, you lose.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- You aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
- Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.