- Robert George Wills - M.M. Wills
Seeking anything further on the details published in your Death Indexes for Robert George Wills, 60, ex Punchbowl, died Copacabana October 3, 1998 (SMH). We note he had a wife M.M. Wills and you also have a SMH entry for Margaret Meine Wills, died Collaroy July 19987(?). Possibly his wife? Anything you can provide to assist us further appreciated. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Charles Wills was born in 1909 in Coulsden, Surry England and arrived in Australia approx 2 years later. His parents were William Alfred Wills and Rosetta Walter. I would be greatful for any help. Contact
- Captain William Arthur Wills I am still having trouble tracing John's other "living" children; the siblings of Captain William Arthur Wills. Could you please put them on the Wanted List. Their details are:
They seem to have left Victoria but they have disappeared into thin air. Contact Ian at
- Ann Charlotte born 1875 Geelong
- John Francis born 1855 Geelong
- George Henry born 1862 Chilwell (now a suburb of Geelong)
- William Wills married Mary Costello (born 1832 in Kells Meath Ireland) in
1850 in Brisbane, Queesland. I don't know anything further about William. Would love to know where he was born and how he came to Australia. Contact Dallas at email@example.com
- William Wills I am seeking info on William Wills who married Anne Grace Gangell in Hobart on 17/2/1831. I believe he arrived from Sydney aboard the "Elizabeth", arriving June 1830, but may be barking up the wrong tree. I wish to know from whence he originally came, his parents, etc. Also whether he is the same person who married Selina Moss in 1839, Anne Gangell having died in 1837. Contact Pamela.
- Trevor G. Wills Married Beryl Phillips. I don't have a birth date for him but Beryl was born 1920. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Charles Wills Born Ilsington, Devon 13 July 1800, married Mary Knight at Exeter, Devon on 24 Oct 1820. Children Charles James and James (Joseph) Knight Wills. The records note that he went to Australia c1822. Any further information would be appreciated. Tom Wills
- John T. Wills married Nellie Hollen. He died 1 July 1924 aged 63. May have lived in Orange, NSW. Further information would be appreciated by Sharleigh@bigpond.com
- Ruby Verbena Wills (nee East) & Francis William Rankine Wills. Ruby was born on 21/9/1889 at Forest Range in the Adelaide Hills. She married Francis Wills on 1/4/1908 at Flaxmans Valley near Springton, in SA, and had a child 2 months later, called I think Samuel. The child was born at Mannahill in SA, as Francis worked on the SA railways. I was told that there could have been another couple of children, May and Irene, though know nothing of this. I have heard that Francis Wills came from the mid north of South Australia, out from Port Pirie. I notice that on the internet family tree, there is a suggestion from someone that he was from WA, so maybe Ruby and Francis went there? If anyone knows anything about either Ruby, Francis, or any descendants, I would be most grateful. Horsnell@senet.com.au
- John & Jane Wills I am looking for John Wills of East Allington, Devon. He came to Australia in about 1840. One of his daughters was Jane Pearce Wills. I would appreciate any information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Henry Wills Nancy May Wills born 16 May 1929 in Gladstone, Qld married Thomas Arthur Morgan on 9 Dec 1950 also in Gladstone - he was born on 26 Oct 1924 and died 22 Aug 1989 in Gladstone. Nancy's parents were John Henry Wills and Erna Conradine Bulow. Has anyone information on this line? email@example.com
- Wills Arrivals to Port Jackson, Sydney. 1800-1850 Interested in hearing from anyone that has descendants with the surname Wills that are from Devon,England and arrived at Port Jackson, Sydney or any other port in Australia during the period 1800-1850. Some of my descendants for example through this period of time are Henry Wills, Joseph Henry Wills, Charles Wills, George Wills, William Wills & Edward Joseph Wills. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Wills NSW/TAS/SA For some years I have been trying to find the origins of a Joseph Wills, b. c1810. Where his 'origins' have been listed on several documents, they are shown as 'NSW' or 'Hobarton'. However, this could mean that he was born in NSW and his residence prior to arriving in South Australia was Hobart, or vice versa, or that he was actually born somewhere totally different.
Joseph seems to have arrived in SA in 1844. He was married to a Sarah Smith (her father was William Smith). A Sarah Smith arrived in Adelaide by ship from Tasmania in 1845 (not necessarily her). Joseph and Sarah's first child, Charles Smith Wills, was born in Adelaide in 1845. Two other children followed - Sarah in about 1848 and George(?) in about 1852.
Charles had no children, and George seems to have disappeared from the historic record.
A contemporary, writing his reminiscences some thirty years later, said that he thought Joseph had gone to Queensland in the early 1870s. The only pointers I can find to Joseph's latter days are that he was still writing the odd letter in late 1871, and that his wife remarried as a widow in about 1878.
I would dearly like to hear from anyone who has a stray Joseph Wills of a matching age and background, preferably with cattle farming connections, and who left his eastern states haunts in the 1840s, with or without a wife called Sarah!
- Cecil Douglas Wills I am trying to find any relatives of Cecil Douglas Wills b.17/2/1886 in Surrey U.K., who married in Dec 1913 and is believed to have gone to Australia sometime after that date. email@example.com
- Maxamillian Wills - William Thomas Wills - Catherine Wills - William Henry Wills William Henry Wills (DOB 10/12/1905) - lived in Fremantle Western Australia. Married Ann Augusta Edwards (DOB 1/7/1911) Does anyone have any information about this branch of the Wills family? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your ancestors arrival in Australia Sharing information is the friendly way to obtain further information. If you have traced you ancestors back to a point of arrival in Australia, share your joy with us. Email us the details and we will enter it in the How our ancestors came to Australia page. Remember our motto is "Researchers helping researchers".